Follow the Process to Reset Windows 10 Password?
How to Reset Windows 10 Password ? To Reset Windows 10 Password Follow these steps:
- Boot from the Windows 10 DVD. Make sure that your PC setup is configured to boot from a DVD and that UEFI and Secure Boot are disabled.
- Press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.
- Replace the file utilman.exe with cmd.exe. Before you do this, you should make a copy of utilman.exe so that you can restore it later.
move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak
copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- After you have replaced utilman.exe successfully, you can remove the DVD and restart your problematic Windows 10 installation: wpeutil reboot
- On the Windows 10 sign-in page, click the Utility Manager icon.
Since we replaced the Utility Manager with the cmd.exe, a command prompt should open now. Don’t worry about the error message.
- You can now add a new user with the command below.
net user <username> /add
- Click the screen to make the sign-in page appear again. Your new account should show up, and you can sign in without a password.
- You can now access the files associated with your Microsoft account in the C:\Users folder.
- you can reset your password in Computer Management. Right-click the Start button, select Computer Management, and navigate to Local Users and Groups. Right-click your local account and select Set Password